Monday, October 19, 2009

the Ride of our Life

So, Scott will play Wednesday-Saturday this week.  He will play against 63 other guys.  At this point I am not sure how many guys will get through to 2nd stage but it will not be the top 25 like I thought.  As soon as I know what the magic number is, I will post it.  Scott tees off at 0811 on Wednesday and 0917 on Thursday.  


Everyone has a good feeling about this week (everyone includes Scott, Clay and myself).  We are staying with family in Auburn which is nice to be out of hotels for a week and Clay's family is here as well.  Everyone is relaxed and pretty much just excited.  Unfortunately, q school has become something that I have dreaded in the past and sometimes still do.  It's a lot of pressure to sum up your whole year is only a very few rounds of golf. I am trying to take a different perspective on it this year... and just be excited.  Scott has worked his tail off all year and now it is time to show off how hard that really has been.  I honestly believe, 100%, that he is going to get through this stage come Saturday and I am so excited about that!! I am trying to hang on to the fact that we are not in control of this crazy life that we live.  God has planned this out of us from the beginning and all we have to do is walk out that plan as hard, frustrating, sweet, thrilling, sad, nerve racking etc. as it may be. Let the ride begin! 


To follow qschool online go to www.pgatour.com/qschool click tab on left that for First Qualifying Stage. Click on Auburn University Club. Then click on the results tab.